FEN WINTER SCHOOL
The FEN Winter School is designed to enable participants to thoroughly explore the cultural dynamics and business opportunities and challenges in Chile and Latin America. It is aimed at:
– Students from around the world who want to develop their understanding of some of the cultural and business issues facing Chile and Latin America
– Students who want to improve their Spanish (levels offered: Beginners A2 & Intermediate B1)
– Students who have a deep-seated interest in the Southern Cone
– Students who want to experience life and culture in a dynamic Latin American capital city
FEN is the Facultad de Economía y Negocios of the Universidad de Chile.
– A multicultural program offered at the No. 1 Business School in Chile
– A two-week course with intense cultural immersion and education of business practices in Chile & Latin America
– A diverse student body from Asia, Australia, Europe and North America
– An exciting combination of class-based activities, cultural excursions and business visits
– Enhance your CV
– Study at a leading Latin American Business School
– Experience living + studying in the city of Santiago
– Make new friends and develop your network of contacts
– Enjoy our lively social and cultural program
– Improve your Spanish
Monday 20th July to Friday 31st July 2020
The FEN Winter School comprises two intensive academic courses at FEN:
Week 1: Intensive Spanish (levels offered: Beginners A2 & Intermediate B1) with a focus on Chilean culture – 19 contact hours
Week 2: Intercultural Business Challenges in Latin America – 19 contact hours
Total Credits: 6 ECTS (3 US Credits)
Cultural & Corporate Experience:
The program features visits to leading companies across a variety of industries, as well as government institutions, museums, cultural centers and movie nights. Examples of off-campus visits:
– Pre-Columbian Museum
– Museum of Memory and Human Rights
– Various Santiago markets (La Vega, Mercado Central, Los Dominicos)
– Open Sky Museum of San Miguel
– StartUp Chile
– Leading international winery
– Retail company
– Financial institution
The cost of the FEN Winter School is US$ 1300 per person.
This includes all academic courses, transportation costs within Chile and business excursions.
– Flights to and from Santiago
– Personal expenses
The FEN Winter School offers participants a range of accommodation categories, from Youth Hostels to 4-star Hotels. All accommodation is located within a 15 minute walk of FEN.
Participants will be asked to inform the Winter School of their accommodation choice during the application process.
Who should apply? The FEN Winter School is aimed at undergraduate and masters students from around the world, who are interested in improving their Spanish and learning about the dynamics and challenges of doing business in Chile and Latin America. Participants are required to be aged 18 or above.
How to apply? The following documents are required for application:
– Submit completed application form. Click here.
– CV in English, including educational and professional experience
– Scanned copy of passport (ID page only)
Send all supporting documents by email to email@example.com
When to apply? Admission starts on 1st January 2020. Interested candidates are required to submit all application materials before the deadline of 3rd May 2020.
Past participants include students from:
– Adelaide University, Australia
– Warwick Business School, UK
– NUS, Singapore
– Carleton University, Canada
– TU Dortmund, Germany
– University of Oxford, UK
– University of Calgary, Canada
– University Pallasz Athéné, Hungary
– University of Alberta, Canada
Diagonal Paraguay 205 Santiago de Chile - Código Postal 0023456
firstname.lastname@example.org / Teléfono (+56) 2 2978 3911
Escuelas de Pregrado FEN-UChile